Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Torres Winery in Chile


I had the amazing opportunity to spend time with Bob and Juan Carlos in Chile. What an amazing trip. The best part was reliving it later through Bob’s eyes. Every experience was always funnier and more entertaining in his retelling it.

One of the highlights of each year with Bob was the planning of the Beard House dinner. The best part was the drive into Manhattan with Bob behind the wheel telling stories all the way. He was truly a great storyteller.

He was a great friend and mentor to all of us and saw possibilities in us that we didn’t even see ourselves. He was like our own cheerleader, guidance counselor, father confessor and friend all rolled into one amazing larger-than-life package. His personality filled every room he entered.

I loved him like family and will miss him with all my heart. My world was truly a better place with Bob in it and I cherish his memory.

My heart goes out to Karla and his family.

May peace be with you my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment